Why should I choose to work with you?
If you're looking for someone who will be as invested in your success as much as you are, and cares about what you care about then I'm the one committed to you and your cause!
That is if you're into conscious, ethical ecommerce, and making thoughtful products for the benefit of all people and the planet. Your success is my success, and thus a more successful sustainable world.
I know what it's like to get to a place in your life when you know that whatever you put your energy into, it will grow. So you mean business literally. It's intentional, brilliant, it's got depth, purpose, meaning, and it's good for people and the planet.
My goal is to help you stand out to get the attention and recognition your heart-led business deserves.
I'm not your typical designer. I come from a combined background of fine art-creative-right-brained-visual-thinking with an equally passionate logical-left-brain strategy-user experience and human centered design thinking.
I look for visually and emotionally inspiring communication with unique concepts that deliver compelling stories in everything I do –and that's what makes my approach unique and different. I'm also big on spicy Indian food, documentaries, coffee and travel:)
Who do you work with?
We work with ethical, sustainable eco-friendly product-based businesses who care about making an impact for people and the planet. They're purpose-driven business owners who have typically been in business for 2-3 years and are ready and eager to level up their sales, conversions, and impact. They are aligning (or realigning) their priorities with an authentic and integrated commitment to people, planet, and profit in mindful ways.
They're called Changemakers, Entrepreneurs, Startups and Merchants. They are working toward or already part of the B-Corp movement or simply committed to the ethos of making a difference by contributing to an economy that believes in using business as a force for good.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes. After the initial 25% deposit is paid, all projects have a timeline and the next few payments are evenly distributed over the weeks or months depending on the project. I do require the project to be paid off in full before completion and ownership transfer.
What if I need more than branding and a website?
Each business is different, which is why at the beginning of each project, we take the time to assess all your needs and necessary deliverables to build a cohesive brand. We believe that every brand needs supporting elements to drive their business to success both online or off. Some of your needs may include:
+ Art Direction and Photo acquisitions
+ Social media posts
+ PDF Design
+ Marketing materials
+ Packaging design
+ Posters & flyers
+ Business Cards, Stationary design
My aim is to help you grow your purpose-driven business from the inside out. That means if your business needs extend beyond my capabilities, I also work with other partners that can be added onto your project, such as brand photographers, copywriters, digital marketers and launch strategists.
If you're an established client, some tasks can be accomplished in a day. I also offer day rates, just ask.
What if I just need a logo?
If you have already purchased our "Brand Strategy on a Budget" service, then indeed asking for a logo is the next logical step! (And yes, you absolutely can launch your business without a fully customized branded logo, just ask and we'll tell you how.)
Since you are a return client, and have already done your brand's foundational work, this makes you an automatic VIP and we will fast forward you into our studio's Core Branding | Strategy & Design service that includes:
+ Brand Identity: Primary logo, Secondary logo, Submark, Favicon, Font selection, Color Palette, Icons, spot illustrations, and/or patterns if applicable
+ Brand Assets Digital Deliverables
+ Brand Style Guide PDF
If you are thinking of only having a logo for your business remember a logo is not a brand. A logo is your brand's identity and represents only 10% of your overall brand. A full brand takes into consideration your whole reputation, like your brand personality, your purpose, mission, vision, position values, audience and competition. It's the whole package, from the inside out –it's not just a pretty face. I'm happy to assist you with all your branding needs.
Just reach out Let's get started!
Can you do my Shopify website only?
If you already have your brand strategy and design direction in place from purchasing the Brand Strategy on a Budget service we offer, then yes of course!!
If you have a visual brand identity you're proud of, there's a good chance we might be able to work together to build you a Shopify site. Since every brand is different, we'll have to review your existing visual identity (such as your fonts, colors, imagery and graphics) prior to the start of the project to see if it's aligned with your overall business and website's goals.
Do I need to hire you for updates?
Nope. That's the beauty of Shopify!
When our project together is over, I always ensure that you come out knowing your brand and your website inside and out.
I will provide you with training videos and a Shopify Website Handoff Guide PDF to show you how to manage, maintain and update your website, and how to use your brand elements to maintain a cohesive look and feel. Shopify has the most stellar cheerful Canadian help line/chat/email 24/7 support and tons of online video tutorials and resources should you ever forget how to do something. They also maintain the highest rated reputation for security of all the ecommerce platforms.
Your success and keeping the lines of communication open between us is important. We're only an email away should you need some TLC or special attention. If you're looking for some help with ongoing monthly tasks to update your site such as replacing images, adding content, products, etc. then we can offer a retainer fee for this service, just ask.
How Soon can we start?
This of course depends on the type of project and our current availability. We only take on a limited number of projects a year, because we're a small studio and each individual client deserves the best creative, concentrated thinking and focus for unique and effective branding.
Branding projects typically take around 1.5-2 months to complete. Brand + website projects can take 3-5 months depending on the scale and complexity of your site. Our availability varies throughout the year, but we typically book projects 1-2 months in advance. So please keep that in mind when reaching out to work with us.
If you're interested in working together, I would recommend you Book a Call as soon as possible to reserve your spot in the calendar.
Why the Shopify platform?
SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S THE GOLD STANDARD
You have very big dreams and, thanks to e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, you can gain global exposure to get the word out about your products and services. For small business owners who are looking to take the jump into launching ecommerce, Shopifiy is a natural choice for many reasons.
SHOPIFY IS COMMITTED TO SUSTAINABILITY
• Shopify’s Sustainability Fund spends at least $5 million annually on the most promising, impactful technologies and solutions to fight climate change globally. Their business /servers are all running on renewable energy.
EASY TO MANAGE
• Shopify is what’s called “software as a service” (SaaS), meaning that Shopify provides the admin and frontend that makes it possible to manage your store.
• It also handles running the servers, software updates, security, and a slew of other things that many small business owners may not want to deal with (Think about what a relief that would be for you Wordpress users –no more updates to worry about.)
• In the growing world of cybersecurity concerns and legal oversight, having someone who knows the ins and outs of security and the law can be crucial.
• While you also should double-check that your actions are in compliance with any relevant regulations or best practices, it’s good to know that pros have laid the groundwork and set you in the right direction.
• This lets you focus on running your business — whether that be designing and developing products, fulfilling orders or customer service.
THE FEATURES YOU NEED
• Shopify, even at its “Basic” level, is still packed with features that let you add and manage products, inventory, shipping with Local Delivery and Point of Sale (POS) and more — all the things that are necessary for most online stores starting out.
• In addition, as long as you qualify for Shopify payments, Shopify gives you the tools you need to accept electronic payments, which is pretty much the most important part of any business.
• Shopify also has competitive payment processing rates and includes fraud protection and PCI compliance.
• Shopify is also tightly integrated with Facebook, Instagram and Google Shopping, giving you easy access for marketing on some of the biggest names in tech.
BUILT-IN AND EXPANDABLE TOOLS
• Shopify's ecosystem includes hundreds of add-on integrations, known as apps, that let you expand how your store works.
• While many apps add fancy features to the frontend, there are also plenty of apps that can help you run your business — including shipping, inventory, accounting and marketing.
24/7 SUPPORT WHEN YOU NEED IT
• Once you've been given the training to update and add any content you like to your new site, you'll feel comfortable, confident, and empowered to run your own show. We'll hand off your site and leave you in good hands. Shopify offers around the clock support via email, phone, and live chat.
• In addition to this, extensive online documentation and resources are available that not only help you use the Shopify platform but also grow your business.
• Shopify also has support that goes beyond that — including a service called Kit that serves as a “virtual employee” of sorts. Kit keeps an eye on your store and can send you tips, hints, and even carry out tasks such as running advertising campaigns.
SHOPIFY DOES MORE THAN JUST SELLING PHYSICAL PRODUCTS
• Shopify is great for all kinds of entrepreneurial endeavors including service providers, classes, consultations, and the ability to sell merchandise and accept donations for nonprofits, foundations and charities too.
• Shopify add-on Apps for Non-profits and Charities: https://apps.shopify.com/collections/non-profits-and-charities